Friday, September 17, 2010

Baking Stones

The Question: Question after reading your blog (What's for Dinner?). We have a pizza stone that we used to keep in our oven. We only have two oven racks, however. Do you suggest keeping the pizza stone at a particular height in the oven? And, if you are baking brownies, for example, do you just put the pan on top of the stone?

The Answer: I absolutely love baking stones. I definitely keep my stones (I have 2!) in the oven at all times. Ceramic is a wonderful heat-holding material, so it will actually help to hold/regulate the oven temperature. I don't keep the stones at any specific height, just where my racks happen to be, ensuring that there's enough room to still put things on the racks of course! And, I definitely just put my brownie pans, baking sheets, etc directly onto the stone when baking. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment