Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Food Cookbooks


The Question: I have an infant who's about to start eating solid foods. I am interested in making her meals, but I'm wondering if you have any cookbook recommendations for me?

The Answer: There are a couple of books by the author Annabel Karmel that I have found helpful. She has a larger/more-in-depth book called "First Meals" that I like. But, lately, my main reference has been her book called "Top 100 Baby Purees". It has everything you need for the early feeding phases, and it's divided into what's appropriate for specific ages. The First Meals book goes into some toddler foods as well, so that will be great for later. I also have another book called "The Baby Bistro", by Christina Schmidt. I found this book more useful for closer to toddler age. There were some great easy to chew patties, bars, muffins, and other cute ideas. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment